This depends on what exactly you mean to do.

Do you mean to change the group of all files / subdirectories of the
directory?  If so, you can use 'chgrp -R newgroup directoryname'.

Do you want to change only the ownership of the directory itself?
Use 'chgrp newgroup directoryname'.

Michael

--
Michael Viron