Hi All,

Every once in a while somebody recommends that Services that aren't used
should be stopped ...
ever since I started using Linux, everytime I'm asked during the installation:
should I start these services at startup? ... I say YES :-)

would someone please explicitly state WHICH services should run in a normal pc
(notebook here ) one that is connected to the internet through DSL and doing
usual games.., net browsing, text editing stuff ??

AND/OR  refer us to a good document to read about services and what they do.

Many thanks.

Hanan Z. Shargi
Registered Linux User# 259916