On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:58:44 -0300
Rodrigo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> You can try rpm -ql <package_name> (see man rpm or rpm --help). It will
> list all the files inside the package and in which directories they are
> placed.  When you are installing it with software manager, before the
> installation, manager shows the files of the package. Before pressing
> next to complete the installation, take a look at "files".
>
> Rodrigo
>
> Tonton wrote:
>
> >I download a file from download.com, a java editor with its filename
> ><jedit-3.2.2-1.noarch.rpm>, when I right-click this file, and I open it
> >with software manager, after a few minutes, it says that the software has
> >been successfully installed.  My question is, how do I know where does
> >software manager install this java editor?

If you open up Kpackage and find the package in the list then click on the
package name to highlight the package information will come up in the right
pain of the app. That should tell you where the binary was placed that runs
the app.

--
daRcmaTTeR
Registered Linux User 182496