Hi,

I have a recurring freeze problem during installation of Linux MDK8.1 on a
PC with Win98SE.
Partition during install runned ok. I partitioned half of my HD for Linux
with approx 4 GB for the '/' mount en approx. 15 GB for the '/home' mount.
Freezing occurs during further installation.  Mostly during installation of
files, but not necessarly always at the same point.
I tried 'text'mode install with same freezing event(s)
I tried install from boot diskette with same freezing event(s)
I tried to install with another CD-ROM installed : same result...
I tried to install with SCSI card removed: same result.

Can anybody recognise the problem or point me to more relevant info?
Thanks for your time !

Hardware:
- AOpen AK73(A) motherboard, on-board sound
- AOpen CD-ROM
- NVidia TNT2 M64 32MB video card
- 512 MB RAM
- Adaptec AHA 2930AU SCSI card
- Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
- Seagate HD 40 GB, 20 GB for Win 98SE and 20 GB for Linux.

Gilbert Desmet
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]