On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:59:14 -0500 (EST)
JOHN HEMMER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled in frustration:

>I have a dual boot system. Windows on the first partition
>and the Linux and Swap partitions follow. I had to reformat
>and reinstall the Windows-98 partition; what else is new!
>
>Anyway, when I use to reboot the computer it would boot
>the Linux system; unless "windows" was typed at the boot
>prompt. Now it only boots Windows, unless I have the Linux
>dual boot floppy in the floppy drive.
>
>How do I get my dual boot to work off the Hard drive without
>having to reinstall Linux.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John
As root, go to a terminal and type "/sbin/lilo"  w/o the quotes.  that
*should* fix things for you.  Windows wiped out you boot partition.
Surprised??

Mike

--
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that
fool you....., he really is an idiot."

-Groucho Marx