Johnson, David wrote:
> There are 3 things that one should look for in a desktop LCD monitor:
>
> 1)  Contrast ratio - Should be at least 350:1.  400:1 or better is
> preferable
> 2)  Brightness - Don't go below 250 nits.  300 or better is preferable
> 3)  Response time - This is especially important if you're going to be
> gaming or watching movies.  Should be around 25ms or so.

Those sound like good things to check.

I'd add a forth (being ignorant of LCD monitors) -- what is the nominal
screen resolution (800x600, 1024x768, etc.) and what does the screen
look like if you try to run it at a different resolution.  I understand
this is (was?) a problem with LCD and TFT flat panel displays.

Randy Kramer