I would like to add a user, say "Trial", that would not be displayed at login
(i.e. as an icon named 'Trial').

I've tried all the options in `man useradd', but I end up with a user and an
icon. What I'm trying to achieve is end up with a user like 'postgres' in the
LM 8.0 rpm of PostgreSQL. There is no icon, and only a group entry in
Userdrake.

I would like to duplicate this action, since I'm trying to install the source
PostgreSQL 7.2. Whenever I try "useradd postgres", I end up with an icon, and
a home directory that I definetly don't want. Perhaps I should try 'groupadd'
first with 'postgres' and then useradd 'postgres' ??

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/