On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 19:26, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2002 06:38 pm, chris lapthorn wrote:
> > Gerald Waugh wrote:
> > > Looking for as little advice.
> > > The following URL shows a Soyo Dragon Plus Socket A Barebone w/ AMD
> > > Athlon XP 1700+ CPU, 128MB, 40GB and more
> > >
> > > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=
> > >s450-3021
> > >
> > > What do you think will this thing run LM OK?
> >
> > Well, I run LM8.1 on an old Packard Bell P133 upgraded to a 400MHz with
> > 80Mb ram and an 8 Gb drive, so I would say that you are fairly safe with
> > the spec you mention.
> >
> > I have no idea about the quality of the components in the tiger machine
> > however.
>
> well, thanks
> But I was looking for some response about the audio, video, ethernet
> compatability
>

> --
> Gerald Waugh
>
> ----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
I have been using Soyo Mobos since 6.0 and never had any real problems with them.
I currently use the K7VTA PRo and it works very well. The chipset on the
Dragon is a change from the via chip set that had some problems in the
past and so I guess what I am saying is that if I could afford it, I
would go with exactly the setup you are looking at and fully expect to
see the computer rock my world. Just my opinion of Soyo. HTH Dennis M.