From: "Dennis Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2002 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Compaq Proliant 2500

****

****
> > unknown         : Intel Corporation|440FX - 82441FX PMC [Natoma]
[NOT_DEFINED]
> > unknown         : IBM|IBM27-82351 [NOT_DEFINED]
> > unknown         : IBM|IBM27-82351 [NOT_DEFINED]
> > unknown         : Compaq|PCI to EISA Bridge [NOT_DEFINED]
> > Card:Cirrus Logic GD543x: Cirrus Logic|GD 5430/40 [Alpine] [NOT_DEFINED]
> > tlan            : Compaq|ProLiant Integrated Netelligent 10/100
[NOT_DEFINED]
> > sym53c8xx       : Symbios|53c875 [NOT_DEFINED]
> > sym53c8xx       : Symbios|53c875 [NOT_DEFINED]
> <big snip>
> >
> > Thanks Bill Nash
> >
> Bill, I am going to make a guess based on the RAM problem showing up as
running with 128 working but 458 not working. I am guessing that you have at
least one bad memory stick in the computer. I would run memtest or
equivalent on the system and see what you get as a report.  Bad ram can
cause funny problems. If one stick shows up as bad you could try the pencil
eraser as a cleaner on the contacts and stick it back in. I had some bad ram
once and windows reported all of it there but memtest said the stick in the
second slot was bad, I cleaned it and then it reported back as good, well
mostly. Anyway that's my hunch for what it is worth.

----