On Thursday 14 February 2002 11:18 am, you wrote:
> I can finally get cable Internet.  I got a list of cable modems from the
> cable company that they say work with their service.  Is the choice of a
> modem an issue for Mandrake?  If so which ones will work?  I'm running 8.0,
> expecting to upgrade to 8.2 when available.
> Thanks,
> SW

Well, it depends...
Most cable modems that I know of run through a NIC, so if your NIC is OK, it
matters not which modem you get.  If you want to run a USB connected one (why
would you?) you should check for compatibility for sure.

I personally use an RCA model DCM226 over CAT 6 to my router to my NIC and LM
8.1 couldn't care less.  It knows to look at my eth0 to get to the 'Net.

BTW: Welcome to the club!  You will never go back...

Jeff