Hi guys,
I'm trying to install a SNF to protect the computer of my research group
, cos we are not very happy with the security offered by the university
netrwork. All the computer have port 80 and 25(i think cos of the internal
mail system) open on the external world and they work with NT on any other
windows with Novel netware. we also have a spare PC on which I started installing
the SNF by mandrake....it picks up the ip address automatically from the
DHCP but when I tried to configure it from another PC using the web configuration
tool it let me connect just once ...it looks like the university network
recognized that that pc is working on a different port (8443 I think) and
so it stopped the comunications.....shall I ask the networking technicians
to allow the communications on that port for that IP address or is there
a way to make it work on port 80 ( and if yes...would it be safe???) any
other help and advice is very much appreciated.....
thanks to every one ion advance
Bye
Maurizio

Abbonati a Tiscali!
Con Tiscali By Phone puoi anche ascoltare ed inviare email al telefono.
Chiama Tiscali By Phone all' 892 800        http://byphone.tiscali.it