CALdS>      Hello all !!!

CALdS>      I install the Mandrake 8.1, in a Pentium III with a motherboard of Asus.

CALdS>      After I try run the harddrak, but the computer stop run and I have of
CALdS> initialize again.

CALdS>     Don't appear anyone error message simply, it stop.

CALdS>     Somebody already had this problem?

CALdS> T+

CALdS> =====
CALdS> ====================================
CALdS> Carlos Alberto L. dos Santos (TOCA)
CALdS> Eng. de Computação - Puc-Campinas(SP) - Brasil
CALdS> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CALdS> ------------------------------------------------

 I came across this many times, when there is something unsupported
 deep under. Try booting the system by passing some safe_mode options
 to the kernel. When the boot prompt (lilo) pops up, press esc to be
 able to write, and try "combinations of"

 linux noapic
       nousb
       noauto

 etc.

 Also if you can, try to upgrade your kernel, which usually helps.

 PS: I assumed you dont have a hardware problem.

 Regards,
 Onur Kucuk