On Tuesday 05 March 2002 19:20, Paul Kraus wrote:

> Linux how do you create as script that will issue a command such as
> mount that normally only superuser can use? I want to me able to
> mount and dismount network resources without having to switch to
> SU. The mnt directorys already contain the correct RWX permmissions
> for my user account.

You can set up priveleges for mounting on a per-user basis.

Other wise ...

As far as I know, you can't include passwords with the su command
(for safety reasons, one presumes) but you can type

su -c some.command; another.command

You still have to give the root password, but it will just do the
stuff and go back to your normal user ID.

Robin
--
"Never mind the quality, feel the bandwidth."

Robin Turner
IDMYO, Bilkent Universitesi
Ankara 06533
Turkey