For 8.1, you need to install the "enterprise" version of the kernel, which
is compiled for more than 1 GB of ram.  Not sure what the max on it is...I
think it was well over 2 GB, though.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Registered Linux User #81978

At 06:53 PM 3/7/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I may be wrong about this, but I think its possible to compile support for
that much ram into the kernel, but its not done by default.