On Fri, 8 Mar 2002 11:31:18 -0500  Vogel, wrote:

>1. Cannot log into X as root.
>I know, I know I shouldn't use X as root, but I need to be able to do it!
>I'm using Sawfish 1.01 and XIMIAN GNOME 1.4 (I think it's that version; not
>sure).

Must be a security issue. Set the security level down, I think that should
help.

>2. IDE CD BURNER installed, but I cannot write to the CD... There was a CD
>reader installed before (and it worked fine). I want to use the excellent
>MONDO/MINDI (http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/) as a system backup tool.

Did you set up the append=ide-scsi routine in lilo.conf? See
mandrakeuser.org for the gory details.

>3. ATAPI ZIP drive not recognized.

Dunno...
Paul

--
Anger repressed can poison a relationship as surely
as the cruelest words.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.7.3