Dennis you are right,

maybe I wasnt clear when i described it, it is a cat5 cable that runs frp, my
NIC to the adapter in the wall ( the adapter then adpats it to a regular phone
like output <excuse my informal description> )

If I got you right ,, I think all i have to do is set the W2K machine to have
IP 10.0.0.2 and make her gateway the first machine ?
I think I'm missing something here ,,,, if so then where does IP masq comes in
? and where is the part where I have to set hosts files and all that ??

():-)

Calling List:  please somebody  jump in here :))

Hanan AL-Shargi