On Monday 11 March 2002 15:13, FemmeFatale opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

> A:  Make sure both root and boot diskettes are formated 1.44
>     dd if=root of=/dev/fd0
>     where "root" equals file name of the root image as stored on your
>     system.
>
> Is that the only way to put the images onto diskette? Can I do it from a
> windows machine?

the older mandrake (and possibly the new ones, i haven't touched a win
machine in sometime so i haven't looked) have an autorun for windows that
includes a button to format disks for install.  the rawwrite program that
starts will write an image to disk in windows.

you could also try looking up rawwrite in fav search engine-o-choice.

--
Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows '95, Windows '98, Windows 2000!

shane
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
http://dmoz.org/ cause humans do it better!