On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:03:51 +0100
Stojs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I installed the MESA, and I still get the same error message. Do I have to configure
>MESA or
> is there anything else to do? (Sorry for the incorrect subject on my last post in
>the thread)

I hate to be the one to break this to you but the S3 Savage card Does Not have DRI
support in XFree.
This means that all GL apps are software rendered.
For some this is fine but when play a game demo such as Descent you need DRI.

You can check this site for more info
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

Were I in your position and it was within my budget I would look at replacing the
video card.

The ATI Xpert2000 is a good card (32MB Rage 128) and if you do not mind OEM you can
find it online for as low as $25.

   Charles