Hanan,

I'm jumping in without having read the previous stuff in this thread,
but have you installed a firewall on the linux box?  This would seem to
be the most likely reason you can't ping it - if the rules have been set
to drop pings on the local LAN interface.

If you have installed a firewall, perhaps you could post the config
file.

HTH
Brian