On Sunday 17 March 2002 07:38 am, Walter Logeman wrote:
> Tom
> > I'd suggest you
> > get Mozilla 9.x going. At least it'll also auto-complete
> > login/password info for you. There's Mandrake rpms for
> > mozilla-0.9.9 for 8.1 from Texstar's http://www.pclinuxonline.com
> >      and for 8.2 from
> >    http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/cooker/mozilla/

> Coming in on this thread I am in the same boat - seeminly no PSM
> support with Mozilla and Galeon.
> I have Mozilla 0.9.8 on Mandrake 8.1  Should this not have PSM?
> Walter

    I went to Mozilla.org and looked at the changelogs for both 9.8
and 9.9, and both say (pasted right from the notes):
  "Windows, Mac and Linux: Personal Security Manager (PSM) provides
security (cryptographic) features for Mozilla ."
    I don't know 'bout Galeon, I've never used it.  Can't remember
but I think just about all browsers had encryption incorporated well
over a year ago when the US eased export restrictions on
cryptographic software.  IIRC, the French just recently enacted
tighter restrictions tho.

    I can only suspect y'all are havin problems with "banking" type
sites. Most of those outsource their web services to some braindead
provider that believes only M$ IE >4.0 is secure.  Well, I don't
really think they believe that, but that's what M$ tells 'em to say ;>
FWIW, I've never had any problems usin Mozilla on "bank" and "credit
card" sites, and I like the auto complete of user/ password.
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas