I've got a LiteOn LTR-12101B IDE CD BURNER installed, but I cannot burn to
the CD... There was a CD reader installed before (and it worked fine). I
want to use the excellent MONDO/MINDI (http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/) as
a system backup tool from the command line. I'd also like the burner to work
from within X, but my main concern is that it burns from the command line,
since the machine is primarily a server.

HardDrake 0.9.3 reports the burner under CD-ROMS as "Unknown LITE-ON
LTR-12101B" (the "Unknown" is for the Vendor), Device "/dev/hdc", with a Bus
Type of "ATAPI/IDE".

My /etc/fstab entry for the CD is:
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
iocharset=iso8859-1,ro,nosuid,noauto,user,exec,codepage=850,nodev 0 0
...but I don't know for sure if that's right for the burner. It was what was
in there when the previous CD reader was installed.

So, what I've been trying to do is to use Mondo/Mindi to create a test CD
image (saved as an iso file), which I would then like to burn to the CD
burner using CDRECORD (the tool specified by Mondo/Mindi). I don't know what
command line parameters to pass to CDRECORD...

Can someone help by telling me if my /etc/fstab entry is correct, and the
command line parameters to use to make the CD burner operate from the
command line?

Thanks in advance... This has been a frustrating problem!

-drew