Robert Gray wrote:

>On Wednesday 13 March 2002 5:18 pm, you wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 13 March 2002 08:33,  Wm. G. McGrath opened a hailing
>>
>>frequency and transmitted:
>>
>>>Has anyone had any success installing Word Perfect 8 on Mandrake
>>>8.1?
>>>
>>you will need libc-5.3.12-35mdk.i586.rpm and ld.so-1.9.5-13.i386.rpm both
>>of which can be found at places like rpmfind.net or tuxfinder.  if you
>>can't locate them, and don't mind a 2 MB attachment i can send them to you.
>>

>Also read forum at Mandrakeuser for fairly good discussion of the same issue.
>In particular filtrixfix for importing other (.doc) files and to enable
>printing -l has to go in the Printer Setup, Select Destinations, lpr options
>box.
>
>Regards Rob

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

And don't forget--blanks in file names are OK in linux, and OK in
WordPerfect for windows, but NOT OK in WordPerfect for Linux.  I once
wasted twenty minutes figuring that out when someone with a Windows
Notebook and WP tried to print a file on my Linux WP installation.
 (Eliminating other possibilities first)

Civileme