Hi there.

I've got a doubt.
I'm using Mandrake 8.1, and my Internet connection is an ADSL link with an
Alcatel SpeedTouch USB. The protocol used by Telepac (my ISP) is
PPPoE/Bridging.

The thing is that in both instalation and in the configuration tool, the
options you have are:

1. PPPoE -> Won't do, because it assumes you have a modem with ethernet
adapters.
2. SpeedTouch USB -> Won't do because AFAIK, it assumes the protocol is
PPPoA (and in the countries list, Portugal isn't there).

A nice and working tutorial ia at http://www.zoftware.org/adsl-pppoe/.
The problem is that I would have to get a "non-mandrake" kernel, which I
can't do at this time, because of my video card drivers (they were compiled
by the manufacturer to a small number of distros, and for the kernel in
them).

Does anyone had the same problem? Did you solve it?\
Although the site above has anything you could want to know, I'm available
to give more detail, if necessary.

Greetings,

Miguel Duarte