Hi, I just installed mandrake8.0 and was trying to install wine, I followed
the installation instructions but when I try and run an application I'm told
wine:command not found.  I'm sure I've failed to do something I should have
seeing as how I'm as new as could be to linux, it only took me roughly 9
months and 7 or 8 reformats to get my cable modem to work.  I installed the
codeweavers version of wine and the setup works without a problem but beyond
that I can't do a thing.  Do I need to create any directories in my /home
directory or should it be created when I installed the rpm? I've tried
running applications in wine as a regular user, as root, I've tried it from
my home directory and from the /mnt/windows directory. I'd totally uninstall
it and start from scratch but  don't yet understand the filesystem well
enough to know exactly how to do it properly yet and I really don't want to
go screwing it up now that I have the os running half way decent.  If anyone
has any ideas I'd appreciate it, thanks.

                                        Howie