> > well.. have you downloaded and installed divx codecs from
> >  www.divx.com ?
> >
> > maybe you should try another player? mplayer is working here
> > with almost any single kind of video file with no problems.
> >
> > Damian
>
> Really? I installed mplayer and it seems very buggy. It doesn't always
> play videos properly(sometimes I just get a blue screen), and it even
> locked up my display once. It said in the docs that it probly wouldn't run
> well when compiled with gcc2.96. What gcc did you use?
>
> Bill

guess what! i used 2.96. never had any probs with it... i was even able
to display movie files in text consoles ( you just gotta see that,
displaying a movie using ascii art, just rocks! hehehe ) i
guess the guys at mplayerhq.hu are a bit paranoid about it, but that's
all

anyway, i did have to download and compile from source the tarball
for SDL since mplayer's configure script wouldn't find my original SDL
installation.

uhm..  i once found an mplayer  RPM for mandrake, modified so it found
all
the necesary stuff, if you can find one, you'll probably never need
another player again.

Damian

PS: i'm trying to find an RPM for 0.6.0 right now. if i find it i'll
post
the link here.

see ya.