basically you have copyed the ISO on to a CD.  what you need to do is open
it onto a CD.  ISO is kinda like the a zip file, the actual iso is not that
useful, it is what is in it that matters.

how did you install it to CD?  drag and drop or the like?  try opening it
off of your harddrive and burning it again.  when you do, make sure you are
using the ISO format, not simply copying.

one way to do that with most software is to simply open the burning program
and look for "create CD from image" or similar.  it will likely have a pull
down (i assume you are in windows) with file types and you need to select
ISO.

hope that helps, but if not get back here again and we will muddle
through.......

On Friday 22 March 2002 03:19, John Lynch opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

> Well I burned Mandrake onto a CD using Nero.
>
> AND NOW whenever I open up the file all it just tries to burn the thing
> onto another CD!!!!!!!!
>
> sorry if I seem annoyed I am, not at anyone in here just at the computer.
>
> HOW do I fix it?
> Did I do something wrong?
>
> thankyou for all your help
> John

Remember, to a tree being useful is a terminal illness.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/