On March 22, 2002 06:13 pm, thou spake thusly:
 > I read this earlier:  http://www.theregus.com/content/55/24415.html
 > Are you sure ORBZ will be back?

 Well, I hadn't heard "It seems doubtful if the ORBZ blacklist will be
 restored to operation even though the threat of criminal charges has
 been lifted." No.

 I was going by the City Manager's quote:

 "In turn, however, we have asked him [Gulliver] to reconsider his
 policy of making unannounced tests on servers. In today's computerised
 world it is everyone's responsibility to maintain a secure system."

 Why would they ask this of him unless he planned to start it up again.
 But that's a wild guess.

 > It's the same 'blacklist service' that won't
 > let me post on the local LUG mail list because of "an open relay" on my
ISP's
 > mail server. I'm supposed to do something about that? Talking to the cable
 > company (my provider) is about as fruitful as talking to a rock.

 It sounds like the LUG is using ORBZ. You'll have to tell them to remove it.

 Miark
I seriously doubt that I could tell the LUG anything either. I'll just keep
lurking and reading as I did here for so long until recently.
Thx
C.