On Friday 22 March 2002 03:32 pm, Miark wrote:
> It's a tad more involved that I had hoped, but if this is the way,
> then it's the way!

OK, I drummed up a rough 'c' program that might help
[gerald@gail gerald]$ ./clmail
only 5 arguments are supported
useage: smtpserver to from subject message
Note: Subject and message must be enclosed in ""

Example:  clmail smtp.frontstreetnetworks.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] "test this" "this is a test"

the first arg is the SMTP server, 2nd is TO third is FROM, 4th is SUBJECT,
5th is the MSG.

SUBJECT and MSG must be enclosed int ""

copy the executable clmail to /usr/local/bin or someplace so its in your $PATH

--
Gerald Waugh
http://www.frontstreetnetworks.com