On Sunday 24 March 2002 06:42 am, _nasturtium opened a hailing frequency
and transmitted:

> Hello,
>       Is there any way to make Kmail automatically et the "Status" of a
> message to "Read"? (done m,anually by right-clicking, then selecting Set
> Status->Read). I know this is a bit counterintuitive to disable it, but I
> like a nice clean screen :-/ I currently have 33000+ posts in my Newbie
> folder so pressing "K" to select all and set status takes a while.

you could create a filter that marks everything, or select things as read
but i don't think there is a switch to do it.

--
If someone tells you they possess the truth, listen carefully.  If they
tell you they possess the *only* truth, run for your life.

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/