On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:02:02 -0500, Todd Slater wrote:
> I think you either have to use a shell script and use Kmail for your
> MUA, or you'll have to use a cron job to write the uptime to your .sig
> file every X seconds. I went around with this a while back, cause I like
> Sylpheed better than Kmail. In Kmail I used a simple script that does
> exactly what you want, but Sylpheed doesn't allow you to use a script
> for a signature, so I forgot about it. Now I use gensig, and I suppose
> if I knew C I could get it to insert the uptime or some other output.
>
> Todd

Todd,

If you use Sylpheed-claws you can use scripts in the sigfile. That's what I'm using
right now. You just have to add a pipe '|' character to the start of the sigfile name
and it will get executed rather than copied-in.

HTH

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
5:33pm up 45 days, 1:48, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.07, 0.22