Hi everyone,
        To open, I really like Mandrake 8.2.  I've been a Mandrake user since 8.0.
It's the best out there.  8.2 installation was a breeze but for one point.

To start, I have an AMD K6-II running at 420 MHz, in an Asus P5A motherboard,
two Maxtor 20 gig hard drives, 160 MB of RAM, TNT2 video card, SB 16
soundcard.  Also, I have an *ancient* sIDE-4HP multi-port card that I use for
a parallel port  connected scanner in Windows (don't have any Linux drivers
for it), plus a Lucent Windmodem (also only for faxes in Windows).  (BTW, I
hate Windows.  I'm about 99.9% independent of Windows.)

I did not have my printer connected when I installed Mandrake, "shouldn't be
a problem, I thought, I'll run Printerdrake later".  I cannot get
Printerdrake to run.  It starts up, asks for Disc 1, churns for about 30
seconds and then freezes my computer solid. Only the reset button responds.
Has anyone had a similar experience?  any suggestions?  any thoughts on my
parallel port card?

-Linus