El lun, 25-03-2002 a las 12:55, Marco escribió:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to create a very small application in Mandrake Linux 8.1,
> compiling isn't the problem at this moment, I can't start the
> application :-(
>
> This is the source:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>       printf("Hello world!\n");
>       return 0;
> }
>
> then I do: gcc main.c -omain
>
> This works correct, there is a file created called main (displayed in
> green).
>
> But when I start it, I get: bash: main: command not found

aren't you forgetting the "./"

in bash, when you just call "main", it will look for a file called main
in /bin, /usr/bin and a couple more directories according yo your PATH
settings. if you want to start a program sitting in your current
directory,
you have to tell bash that the file is there, and not in /bin etc...

[guest@localhost guest]$ ./main   <--- ./ means "in this dir"

that should do it..

HTH

Damian