I'd like to attach an external firewire drive to a Dell laptop running
Mandrake 8.1 and I'm not sure how I go about mounting the drive.  I have a
1394 PCMCIA card that I'm reasonably confident work with the OS, and the
drive is NTFS formatted, though I could change that as there is nothing of
value on it now.  Would like to be able to use it for a complete back up,
among other things.  Can someone give me some help with this?  Not sure
where to start.  The drive shows up fine in Win2k.