* William R. Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020327 11:42]:
>      I have been talking with several people about starting up a Linux user
>    group in Hiram, GA.  This is my plan so far.
>    1.  Teach people to use Linux.
>    2.  Build computers with Linux installed and set them up for local schools
>    so they will have computers and internet server for free.

Check out the Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) at
http://ltsp.org/

It works great with Mandrake.  We are promoting it (and Linux) in
Belize, and trying to get a Belize Linux User Group going.

http://linux.bz/

We figure between hardware and software savings we can save a school
about 2/3 the cost of going the Billy-way.

>    3.  Learn to program free software for Linux.
>
>    My question is that I'm not sure how to get this started or if this is
>    something that people would like to see happen.  Any help on this would be
>    appreciated.  Thanks Bill Nash.

Google is your friend.  Search for Linux user groups and you'll get
LOTS of stuff.  There's even a howto or two that apply, and an
organization or two.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz