On Tuesday 26 March 2002 11:47 am, you wrote:
> El mar, 26-03-2002 a las 03:29, Seedkum Aladeem escribió:
> > I have java runtime environment j2rel.4.0 installed (still on LM8.1) and
> > Konqueror needs to know the path to the executable and the required
> > arguments. Can someone please tell me which file the path is for so that
> > I figure out the rquired path and what the arguments should be?
> >
> > Seedkum
>
> (java-dir)/bin/java
>
> HTH
>
> Damian

Here is what I do. Since I am always messing with my installation and
frequently do a total reinstall or an upgrade to keep things current, I have
placed the jre in my /home/dennis directory. That way when I reinstall I
generally do not reformat /home and I still have the latest jre accessable
without doing a new download. I then open the konqueror configuration and
point konqueror at
"/home/dennis/jre1.3.1/bin/java"  This works for me cause I am the only user,
but it could be copied or linked to the /usr/share directory also I think. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842