I followed the civileme way (message in newbie list):

First of all I haven't enought spaces in my /opt directory, so I did: mv
/opt
/usr/share/opt and then ln -s /usr/share/opt /opt.

then cd /<directory with the kde3 packages>, in my case /disk/kde3

urpmi unixODBC (civileme wrotte unixodbc but it doesn't run)

urpmi postgresql

urpmi MySQL (the MySQL-devel package is not in the 8.2 3cds
distribution, I had  to download it from rpmfind.net

rpm -ivh *rpm (still some dependences, I installed it and start finally
the kde3  installation)

Messages: warning: group nobody does not exist - using root
¿WHAT THE MEANING OF THIS MESSAGE?

After to that I start Xtart and a new 11 elemente (KDE) appeared. If I
start
kde2 (option 1) not problems. Then out form KDE 2 and again Xtar; 11 and
kde3
starting:

Sound Server: error while initializing::::: no kde sounds :-(

2 Trash icons, one could be deleted.

¤ has dessapeared from kde applications :-(

No Spanish language selection possible, menu and messages in English
:-(; not
language possible selection other than English.

After close kde3 if I try to run kde 2 (startkde) it is not possible; a
message
says: KPERSONALIZER: CANNOT CONNECT TO X SERVER.

If I try to run kde2 from Xtart (option 1) after have runed at least 1
time
kde3, I get a kind of hybrid windows manager, with the kde 3
introduction
screen, but icons of kde 2, not kde sound and english menus and messages
:-( Not
more kde2 pure :-(

I decided to install a second 8.2 in my /object directory to test kde3
and I
uninstall all kde3 packages from my main 8.2.

Also this could well for new test, for instance that Civileme ask for
xcdroast because I solved the multiple xcdroast problems in 8.2
downgrading to
8.1 implied packages (cdrecord, cdrecord-dd2wav, mkisofs and xcdroast),
so I
will test the original one in this second package.

IMPRESSION: kde3 looks great, but still some bugs to solve, so more test
are
needed and perhaps 3.1 could be a good final package; if those or
similar
problems appear in other distribution, they are mad to put it directly,
as Suse
said.

I will send more comments about kde3 after work with it for a while.

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)