El vie, 05-04-2002 a las 18:21, Bruce Zink escribió:
>    I recently acquired the source code for an Intel
> NIC card driver (from an Intel web site).  The
> documentation tells me to use "make install" to
> compile/install the driver.
>
>    Unfortunately, that command gives me the message
> "bash: make not found" or something like that.
> Likewise, "man make" produces "No manual for make" or
> whatever.  You get the picture.
>
>    I gather I am lacking some fairly basic program.
> What does it seem to be and how do I get it?  Any
> hints would be much appreciated.

if you were trying to make install as a normal user, it's a
possibility that you don't have /usr/bin in your PATH,
so /usr/bin/make wasn't found.
try " /usr/bin/make install"
or "make install" logged in as root.

if this doesn't do it, ...

open a terminal window. su to root.
that is, enter the " su " command. it will ask for your root password,
enter it, then you will become root. ( anyway forget about this if you
are already logged in as root )

type " urpmi make "

it will ask for your mandrake cd's so keep 'em handy.

see if that helps.

Damian