El Lun 08 Abr 2002 20:03, escribió:
> Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >How do you run the memory test that comes with the CDs? Could not
> >install more than a minimal LM 8.2. No qui.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >

> >Seedkum

> Start with a formatted floppy and CD1 in their respective drives and a
> console su'ed to root.
>

> dd if=/mnt/cdrom/images/memtest-x86.bin  of=/dev/fd0
>
> Remove the CD, leave in the floppy, and reboot
>
> Civileme

        Hola, Civileme. Instead of memtest, I have installed memtest86, and (after a
su>pass>lilo) it's addded to lilo's menu, and I don't need to bother with
diskettes failures and all that stuff.

        So, my question is: are memtest and memtest86 differents solutions to the
same problem, or, give both the same results?

        Gracias
        Carlos

--
Carlos Arigós