Hi

I have just used-red carpet to upgrade a few new Mozilla related
programs available through red-carpet.

Red-carpet reported that all went ok - however Mozilla browser
would not start after that.  I am not sure exactly what happened.
I type Mozilla in the command line as user or root and it just goes
back to the prompt - nothing.

I tried to reinstall what looked like a later Mozilla - but that
could not happen because of dependencies.  I then tried to
un-install some and that meant too many files would go with it.

I have kpackage which suggests that nothing new was installed at
all giving the install date as a couple of months ago.

How does one tackle a situation like this?  In Windows I would
delete and re-install (probably the whole OS occasionally.

There must be a way to diagnose and fix in Linux - actually the
delete and reinstall seems impossible anyway.

Any clues about anything here would be good as i am still new.

= My Machine =
Dell i8100 laptop
ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility
Mandrake 8.1