On Wednesday 10 Apr 2002 4:30 am, madwand wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I just burned a CD as root, logged out from root and logged in as a user.
>
> During the KDE load sequence I noticed that konqueror appeared twice on the
> taskbar, as hourglass icons, but did not load.  When I tried to access my
> home directory, the hourglass icon appeared on the taskbar but the
> directory did not open.  When online, I tried to use konqueror for
> browsing, however, once again the hourglass icon appeared but konqueror did
> not load.
>
> Any thoughts on what's going wrong?  Any suggestions on what to look for?
> I'm very much a newbie at this so step by step guidance on what information
> I should provide would be appreciated.
>
> I am running 8.1.
>
> madwand

Yep thats a common problem. It often seems to be associated with installing
the rpm kdebase-nsplugins
To fix it open  KDE Control Centre>WebBrowsing>NetscapePlugins
If the 'Scan for new plugins at KDE startop'  box is checked then uncheck it
click 'Apply' then restart KDE.

If it is still no good then in a terminal type
cd ~/.kde/share/config
rename konquerorrc konquerorrc.bak

and then restart KDE. This will remove your konqueror settings. On restarting
a new file will be created and your konq will revert to default settings. It
should then start OK.

HTH

derek