If it is a NTFS filesystem, the linux kernel only supports read /
experimental write on NTFS 4.0.

The NTFS which is used by Windows 2k / Win XP is only supported as a
read-only filesystem.

To share files between Windows and Linux, you are better off to create a
FAT32 partition (which has read / write support in linux) and use that to
share files.

Michael