Hi,

For some reason (most likely my self), the home directory ended up in a
partition where I do not want it to be. Can I move the home directory to the
partition where I want it to be?

Can I log in as root and move the home directory? the home directory for the
root user is on the partition called "/" and I would not be moving it in this
operation.

Currently I have:
/home in the /dev/hde2 partition and I want it to go on /dev/hde3 partition
instead.
The /dev/hde3 partition is currently mounted on a directory /mnt/hd. Also
/mnt/hd holds some files that I want to continue to use.

I want /hde3 mounted on /home...... ok I think I got it. This is what I will
do once I recieve some blessings from this list:

I move the directories currently under /home to /mnt/hd, then I change one
line in /etc/fstab to make /dev/hde3 mount on /home instead of /mnt/hd. I
think this will preserve the contents of the user home directories and also
those files that are now in the /mnt/hd directory.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Seedkum