You first need to mount it.  If you have supermount working this is just
a matter of clicking on the CDROM icon that's probably on your desktop.
If not, or if this desn't work:

1. start a console
2. become root
3. type "mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom"
4. now the files on your cd are on /mnt/cdrom

You can now use tar to decompress them as you would off a hard drive.

The supermount problem means that some of the above may not work.
/dev/cdrom may not exist etc. etc.  Best thing is to try first and ask
again if something seems broken.

HTH
Brian