> Blood Slap wrote:
>
> I have an atx mobo, so in windows, when shutting down, the pc will turn
> itself off.  In linux however, when I shut it down, it seems to attempt to
> shut it off, but I get a large error message, where it then just stops.  I
> will post any relevant data from the error message shortly.

Sometimes, on some MB's, you have to go into /etc/rc.d/init.d and edit the file
"halt".

Go to the line (close to the bottom) that says:

"HALTARGS="-i -d -p"

and make it:

"HALTARGS="-i -d"

Thats what I had to do on a Gigabyte MB I used to use... Hope this helps! ;-)

PS Oh-this won't make it shut down completely, but it will stop at a point
where you will know to just turn your machine off, without doing any harm.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord