On Tuesday 16 April 2002 4:03 am, Charles Griffin wrote:
> I've already pre-ordered my copy of ML 8.2 Powerpack
> and I was wondering if Mandrake is going to update 8.2
> for the boxed sets.  I'm running 8.2 now from the
> iso's, but for example, the problem with xcdroast and
> cdrtools -- is that going to be fixed in the final
> shipped retail version of 8.2?  Any thoughts?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Thanks,
> Charles

At I guess I would say not.. The time taken to print CD's and distribute
boxes means a boxed version will almost certainly be the same as the online
ISO's  However the new 'update packages' facility at the end of the install
procedure means purchasers of boxed sets can get the benefit of all the
published 'errata' without having to look it up, which is a big improvement
over previous releases.

Since you already have the downloaded ISO's I assume you only want the boxed
set either to get the 'commercial' packages on the extra CD's or you wish to
reward Mandrake for the work exerted in putting together the distro. In
either case a subscription to Mandrake club will give you what you need.
Mandrake get more money than if they had sold a box set, and you get access
to more downloads than are available in the box set. (I'll not go into the
Star Office thing..)

derek