Miark wrote:

>I have a LiteOn CD burner. There's nothing in the drive,
>but the lite is on solid, the tray won't open with either
>the button or "eject /dev/scd0". In fact, /dev/scd0 seems
>to be missing altogther, and Winblows doesn't see the drive
>at all, either.
>
>It's connected to the system at hdc, and the DVD drive on
>hdd is working normally. Cable is attached tightly.
>
>Is this more likely a drive problem, or a mobo problem?
>Any other comments?
>
>tia,
>Miark

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Well it is UNLIKELY to be a mobo problem because the other device works
and the IDE bus is set up (nominally) to work only one device per
channel at a time.  If the Lite-On were selected all the time, then the
other could not (though drakopt showed up some temporary intermediate
states on IDE channels in some cases with older drives, it just could
not be more than a transitory phenomenon).

So consign the drive to an artwork project where its spinning motor can
make something mobile.

Civileme