Title: Message
Can you send the relevant entries from /var/log/messages, which appear when the ADSL modem tries to connect?

Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of RM. Krijgsman
Sent: 18 April 2002 22:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Mandrake 8.2, having Alcatel Speedtouch problems, can't connect...

Hi,

Two days ago I installed Mandrake 8.2, because I read the support for the Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem was better than any other distro.
During installation, I was delighted, because I could choose what kind of internet connection I want to use and suprisingly I could select the adsl modem, never seen this on Suse or Redhat, wich I've tried before.
After installation, all I had to do was copy the mgmt.o file to /usr/share/speedtouch, so I read and I could connect to the net...
I started the Mandrake config gui to configure, domain, dns, user/pass, the line was tested and for the first time in my life I could connect to the net through Linux, wich I wasn't able to do with Suse or Redhat, because of the uge install problems....
I surfed some on the net, shut down the pc and when I restarted it I could not reconnect again.....
The modem is loaded I think, because the 2 green lights are on and the line is tested no error occur....
I use the internet icon on the desktop to connect to the net, I click it on, I click on connect, the line is tested, than is says: connection failed and something about reconfiguring with mandrake configure.....Though domain, dns, user and pass are correctly configured......
Can enyone help me with this problem?

thnx in advance