Hello

I'm running Mandrake 8.2 on a desktop Pentium III system.

I've created a /home/music (user root, group root) directory to be
accessible to different users. I set the permissions to 777. Although
everything works fine right after I set the permissions, it eventually
always changes to 711, making it impossible for ordinary users to read
or write the files (although I guess they could execute them...)

Why are the permissions changing on their own? It seems to be only the
/home/music directory that is affected, not the files and folders inside
of it.

Steve Watt