Hi again,

I fixed this problem, I thought I'd post the solution so that the person who
said he/she share the same problem would fix it too and enjoy sounds again :)

go to:
Tools |  preferences | Sounds

then in the  options box |  Sound Method ==> choose : Command

and when the box below Command becomes activated type the following:

soundwrapper play %s

choose whatever .wav files that you want or just leave the default ones,
and BINGO your sounds will start playing again :)

>Hi All,
>

>this is not exactly a Mandrake question, but I dont know where to ask it ..
so
>bare with me please :)
>
>all of the sudden my gaim went silent !! no sounds when incoming messages,
nor
>outgoing, nor when contacts on my list sign in or out ... donnow why ?!
>the sounds preferences are set to : ESD, I dont know what does that stands
for
>but I tried the other options, and non worked also.
>
>I had set the sounds to play .wav files that I specified in the preferences,
>and they used to work fine. I dont remember doing anything that could'v
>effected this.
>
>there are other programs that are using the sound system or anything ...
>
>I also upgraded to gaim 0.56 today ... !
>
>any clues ?
>
>Regards,

Hanan AL-Shargi