Hi

I made a fresh installation of 8.2 couple of days ago and today when I
did rpm -V, it said that there are a LOT of missing /dev files among
other stuff. Those reported missing don't exist on my system (like
/dev/fd1, /dev/fd2...), but the /dev files that my system has are all
reported as ...DL.G. Has there gone something wrong during installation?
I don't remember seeing anything like this on previous distros (ML or RH).

Another thing that I noticed is that there are directories (/var/db,
/var/local, /var/mail) which have timestamps like 4-6 years old. The
common thing among those dirs is that they are empty. When the installer
creates a new directory to my disk how is it possible that its MTime is
that much incorrect?

Cheers,
J.